Saturday, November 22, 2008

When I played the hero in a movie

In my childhood days, I was extremely obsessed with bollywood movies. Not only in my dreams, but also with eyes wide awake I used to think about movies.

And I would always be the hero.

Saving and having the heroine was the nirvana of The Great Indian Hero. Even dying used to be an art. But not all of the heroes were good. While Amitabh Bacchan and Dharmendra were irreplaceable, the other scrawny stars had a great replacement. Me.

I used to be a better manager in those days. Because I used to plan it so well and so better than the heroes. When the villain captures your mother, you capture the villain's mother. Simple. When the villain takes away your wife, you simply tell his wife and give her a broom. When the villain throws a grenade, you throw a nuclear bomb. I had once thought about writing up all these novel ideas in a diary and show it to the director. That would have certainly made me the hero. But petty things like homework and all prevent you from devoting time to more productive work.

I used to adore Mithun Chakraborty like a God. He would get hurt and I would make a sound. He would dance and I would follow. I remember I cried a lot and refused to eat my dinner when Mithun's hand was amputated in a movie.

And then time went on... I grew and came to know that there are more important people in a movie than a hero. I read in magazines that now roles were more important. And stars would now play any role as long as it's good. Now even good old villains had a competition from the heroes. And some would lay their lives for a good role -- not necessarily of the hero.

So now the game was in direction. You were the most powerful person if you were an acclaimed director.

So it's the renaissance of my movie-mania. I now want to be a movie director.

Some dreams never end, nah? Some do make us look stupid.

4 comments:

Sumo said...

Some dreams may never end...some may make u look stupid, but after all they are the ones that give you a reason to live - a reason to achieve that something extra.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Uday Satpathy said...

Thanks yaar Anonymous... wouldn't it be nice if I may get your name... and wouldn't it be nicer still if you start a blog and give me the honour to walk through your writings :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.